NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF BROADCASTERS, Booth SL 12210 —
, the leading business video platform provider and a Rimage company (NASDAQ:RIMG), today announced the release of the Qumu Video Control Center Professional Edition, a targeted solution for AV Broadcast departments. The product is a streamlined version of Qumu’s platform product, the Video Control Center. It’s specifically designed and pre-packaged for audio visual broadcast team needs.
Solving the Business Problem by Removing Complexity
Broadcast teams work with an extremely high volume of very large files. Making them easily searchable and retrievable is a primary concern. Broadcasters often resort to posting videos to a file server and tracking comments with a spreadsheet. Others burn discs for distribution and sign off. Additionally, broadcasters often search archives of existing content for anything than can be re-used to create new content.
For AV teams, it can be a daunting task to coordinate across a large dispersed enterprise to implement an overall video communications platform. If the larger enterprise isn’t ready, or if the systems are not in place yet to standardize on a single platform, the Video Control Center Professional Edition is the perfect solution.
The Qumu VCC Professional Edition is a central management system that allows editors to easily contribute, share and track videos during the post-production process. It’s a complete, proven, standards-based solution specifically developed to improve each phase of the video publishing workflow; content creation, management, distribution, and experience. As a result, Qumu permits customers to accelerate and streamline the deployment of rich media by eliminating complexity from the publishing process.
Qumu Video Control Center Professional Edition Features Overview:
Creation and Ingest
– Easily upload content into a central repository. Supports a large number of formats.
– Easily bundle relevant metadata, automatically transcode, and assign viewer access rights. Apply security, network distribution and business rules. Easily organize content using categories and channels, and search using keywords or specific metadata (i.e., author). Supports ratings and extensive commenting by reviewers.
– Publish content locally for departmental sharing, or seamlessly publish to an Internet CDN for wider reach. VCC Professional Edition supports both Akamai and AT&T ACDN. Additionally, seamless integration with Rimage disc publishing systems allows content to be burned to a physical disc when necessary.
– Intelligently present content in a social video sharing portal. Allow users to easily find, review, comment on, rate and share video content with colleagues. Viewing rights can be controlled via LDAP integration, by private access codes, or by portal user accounts.
– Track viewer activity through comprehensive reporting. Know when someone views all or a portion of your content.
“We’ve provided solutions to AV Broadcast teams for years and we’ve heard their needs for improved post-production workflow,” said Sherman Black, CEO of Rimage. “We’re breaking new ground with this first integrated product to provide streaming video content sharing, central management of rich media assets, and seamless publish-to-disc capability.”