TYSONS CORNER, Va., April 16, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- MicroStrategy® Incorporated (Nasdaq: MSTR), a leading worldwide provider of business intelligence (BI) software, today announced that Usher 1.1, a free event management app linked to Facebook events and groups, is now available worldwide with new features and enhancements for users to easily plan an event from their iPhones. Users can download the app by going to http://www.usher.com and clicking on the link to the App Store.
Make the Most of your Facebook Network with UsherUsing the Usher app on your iPhone, you can easily manage an event from beginning to end and invite guests from your Facebook network. Whether your next event is a student event, charity benefit, or nightclub party, you can invite "All Friends" with the tap of a button, or use Usher's convenient filters (such as gender, age, interests, and location) to invite your guests. You can check RSVPs in real-time and invite guests at the last minute. Usher delivers mobile tickets to your guests' smartphones so your guests don't have to worry about losing their tickets or waiting in a long line at the door. Usher also allows you to check people in on your iPhone using multiple validation methods, such as Facebook photo, QR Code, Sight Code™, Usher Code™, Electronic Guest List, and Printed Guest List.
Usher 1.1 Enhancements Include:
- Improved Offline Support. Event organizers now have the ability to validate guests while in offline mode, and guests can show their tickets when their iPhones are in offline mode, making wireless connectivity unnecessary.
- Support for Group Events, Page Events, and Badges. Event organizers and guests can utilize Usher ticketing and check-ins for group events, page events, and social loyalty programs. Restaurants and other establishments are leveraging Facebook Groups and using Usher to offer special deals to their patrons.
- Ability to Assign Multiple Event Hosts. Event organizers can assign multiple hosts in Facebook to manage an event within the app. Having multiple hosts allows all event organizers to manage the event easily from their mobile device, especially for large student events and nightclubs.
- Multiple Event Validation. Event door managers can validate tickets to any and all events in one location, without the need to switch multiple times within the app.
- 3-D Visualization of Events. Event guests can use Usher's 3-D augmented reality geographic capabilities to find their events on the go and view event details before deciding which event to attend.
- Enhanced Demographic Visualizations. Event organizers can better personalize events to their invitees' interests with easy to understand demographic visualizations of interests, gender, relationship status, and age.
- New Sight Code Themes. Event organizers can now choose from seven animated sight code themes, including distinctive 3-D models and fractals, to use as their event's ticket validation code.
"The latest release of Usher has exciting new features that take event management to a whole new level of simplicity and make the most of your Facebook network," said Glen Goldstein, Vice President, Marketing, MicroStrategy Incorporated. "Usher is currently being used at universities and nightclubs across the DC metropolitan area with tremendous success. With Usher, organizers better understand and connect to their target audience, while providing customer service above and beyond what is expected."For more information, visit http://www.usher.com. About MicroStrategy Founded in 1989, MicroStrategy is a leading provider of enterprise software platforms for business intelligence (BI), mobile intelligence, and social intelligence applications. MicroStrategy's BI platform enables leading organizations worldwide to analyze the vast amounts of data stored across their enterprises to make better business decisions. Companies choose MicroStrategy BI for its ease-of-use, sophisticated analytics, and superior data and user scalability. MicroStrategy's mobile intelligence platform helps companies and organizations build, deploy, and maintain mobile apps across a range of solutions by embedding intelligence, transactions, and multimedia into apps. MicroStrategy's social intelligence platform includes a number of applications that help enterprises harness the power of social networks for marketing and e-commerce, as well as a suite of free consumer friendly apps that use MicroStrategy's enterprise technologies. The MicroStrategy Cloud offering combines MicroStrategy and third-party software, hardware, and services to enable rapid, cost-effective development of hosted BI, mobile, and social applications. To learn more about MicroStrategy (Nasdaq: MSTR), visit www.microstrategy.com and follow us on Facebook ( http://www.facebook.com/microstrategy) and Twitter ( http://www.twitter.com/microstrategy). MicroStrategy, MicroStrategy Business Intelligence Platform, MicroStrategy Cloud, MicroStrategy Mobile, Cloud Personal, MicroStrategy Transaction Services, Wisdom, MicroStrategy Wisdom and Emma are either trademarks or registered trademarks of MicroStrategy Incorporated in the United States and certain other countries. Other product and company names mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners. MSTR-G
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV