Mindspeed Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ:MSPD), a leading supplier of semiconductor solutions for broadcast and network infrastructure applications, announced it will be showcasing its extensive line of broadcast video products at the 2012 NAB Show, including crosspoint switches, serial digital interface (SDI) equalizers, SDI reclockers, SDI cable drivers and optical transport solutions, that are helping drive the industry to 3G-SDI and other emerging high-definition (HD) resolutions.
“Mindspeed®’s products ensure the superior signal quality and reliability that is necessary for delivering digital video signals at ever-higher speeds,” said Hasnain Bajwa, senior vice president and general manager of the high-performance analog (HPA) business unit at Mindspeed. “The portfolio we are showing at NAB 2012 is helping pave the way beyond 3G-SDI data rates to 4K and 8K formats.”
Signal integrity is increasingly important for next-generation digital video switching systems, which must meet rigorous performance and timing requirements through the entire signal path in order to sustain a robust transmission. The challenge becomes even greater with the move to 4K and 8K formats, such as Super Hi-Vision and Ultra-HD that operate at much higher data rates, which makes switching systems significantly more susceptible to jitter and timing problems during signal transmission across backplanes and cables. Mindspeed’s advanced signal conditioning technology is the perfect solution to these challenges.
Mindspeed at the 2012 NAB ShowMindspeed will be showing products featuring its advanced switching and signal-conditioning technology at its booth (#N1112) in the North Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center from April 16-19, 2012 in a number of demonstrations, including:
- M21605, The Industry’s Fastest 160x160 Crosspoint Switch: A new addition to Mindspeed’s line of high-performance asynchronous fully non-blocking crosspoint switches, the M21605 is a 12.8Gbps, 160x160 device with industry-high, 2 terabits per second (Tbps) switching capacity. The crosspoint switch supports today’s 3G-SDI requirements and the more demanding needs of tomorrow’s 4K and 8K broadcast video formats, as well as high-speed telecommunications protocols.
- M21544, The New Cable Equalizer: The M21544 delivers the industry’s lowest output jitter for demanding digital broadcast video applications across extended cable lengths.
- M21043, The Eight-Port Crosspoint Switch with Reconfigurable Input/Output: Optimized for power and performance at SDI video data rates and other data rates up to 3.2 Gbps, the M21043 crosspoint features eight fully reconfigurable input/output ports that may be used to create any square and non-square matrix size including 1x7, 4x4, 7x1 and any configuration in between.
- Low-Power (SDI) Quad Reclocker: Designed with an integrated 16x4 crosspoint switch at the input, the M21355 is a very low-power quad-channel serial digital video reclocker with integrated trace equalization and automatic rate detect (ARD) circuitry.
- Optical SDI Transmission Solutions: Mindspeed's family of optical physical media devices (PMDs), including laser drivers, receiver optical subassembly (ROSA) components and limiting amplifiers allow for the transmission of 3G-SDI data across an optical fiber link.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV