Deswell Industries Inc. Stock Upgraded (DSWL)
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Chemicals industry. The net income increased by 102.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$3.59 million to $0.09 million.
- DSWL has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 3.84, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The revenue fell significantly faster than the industry average of 4.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 31.0%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for DESWELL INDUSTRIES INC is rather low; currently it is at 22.40%. Regardless of DSWL's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 0.60% trails the industry average.
- DSWL has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 19.82% from its price level of one year ago. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet RatingsStaff
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.