LONDON, April 16, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Santander is offering £50 to any student who switches to its Student Current Account between 16 April and 30 June 2012*.
Santander's Student Current Account offers an interest-free arranged overdraft facility up to £2,000**, 1 per cent interest on credit balances up to £500, and the flexibility of being managed online, via mobile banking including iPhone/iPad, by phone and in branch. Santander has 34 university campus branches, and a further 1,350 right across the UK.
Using Santander's switching service customers can easily transfer all their existing standing orders, bill payments and direct debits from their old bank to the Santander Student Current Account.And to help students manage their money once they're with Santander, customers can sign up to free text and email alerts telling them their account balance and whether they're approaching their overdraft limit. Liz Chang, Santander's Banking Director, said: "Money's always tight during term time and an extra £50 could come in very handy. Switch your student current account to Santander and not only will you get £50 from us, you'll also get the benefit of all the branches we have on campus, mobile and online banking, telephone banking, a really decent interest-free overdraft and interest on your credit balance." Student current account features Pay £500 into the account each term to get:
- 0% EAR (variable) overdraft and no daily arranged overdraft fees - starting at £1,000 in year 1 and then increasing up to a maximum of £2,000 (depending on the year of study).
- 1.00% AER (variable) interest on balances up to £500. No interest is paid on any amount over £500.
- Easy access to the account online, via mobile banking including iPhone/iPad, by phone and in branch.
- A Visa debit card for easy, secure withdrawals and purchases.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV