BENTONVILLE, Ark., April 16, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Shrek, Gingy, Po and Tigress are making their way to the cloud! Beginning today at more than 3,500 Walmart stores in the U.S., movie fans can now gain digital access to current DreamWorks Animation titles, including Shrek, Madagascar, Kung Fu Panda and How to Train Your Dragon, through Walmart's exclusive disc-to-digital service powered by VUDU, the industry-leading video streaming service. DreamWorks Animation is the sixth major Hollywood studio to partner with Walmart to give Americans the freedom to access their previously-purchased DVDs and Blu-ray movies in the cloud.
"Once again, Walmart is breaking new ground in helping consumers understand the opportunities of new technologies amid the changing digital landscape," said Jeffrey Katzenberg, CEO, DreamWorks Animation. "We are thrilled to make DreamWorks Animation's current library of films available as part of their disc-to-digital service, which we view as a positive step forward for the industry and for consumers."
Customers can now receive digital copies of their previously-purchased movies from the following studios: DreamWorks Animation, Paramount Home Media Distribution, Sony Pictures Home Entertainment, Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment, Universal Studios Home Entertainment and Warner Bros. Home Entertainment.
"Walmart's disc-to-digital service answers our customers' desire for new and flexible ways to enjoy their movie collections," said John Aden, executive vice president for general merchandising, Walmart U.S. "DreamWorks Animation's existing line-up of blockbuster films is a powerful addition to the extensive list of titles available to our customers today and we're proud to have them on-board."Walmart's Disc-to-Digital Service Powered by VUDU: How it Works The process to convert previously purchased DVD/Blu-ray movies to digital copies is quick and simple:
- Customers bring their movie collections from the participating studio partners – DreamWorks, Paramount, Sony, Twentieth Century Fox, Universal and Warner Bros. – to their local Walmart Photo Center.
- A Walmart associate will help them create their own free VUDU account.
- Customers tell the associate how they would like their movies converted:
- Convert a standard DVD or Blu-ray movie for $2; or,
- Upgrade a standard DVD to an HD digital copy for $5.
- Walmart will authorize the digital copies and place them in the customer's VUDU account. No upload is necessary, and customers get to keep their physical discs.
- Customers can log onto VUDU.com from more than 300 Internet-connected devices to view movies any time, any place.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV