Pendrell Corporation (NASDAQ: PCO) (“Pendrell” or “the Company”) announced today that the Court of Appeal of the State of California, Second District (“the Court”), has overturned the 2008 California Superior Court jury verdict in the litigation between Pendrell’s subsidiary, ICO Global Communications (Operations) Limited (“ICO”), and The Boeing Company and certain of its subsidiaries (“Boeing”). The Court also awarded Boeing its appellate costs.
ICO was awarded $603 million in October, 2008 by a jury following a lengthy trial in California Superior Court. The jury had found that one of Boeing’s subsidiaries had committed fraud and breach of contract, and that Boeing had tortiously interfered with ICO’s contractual rights in connection with a $2 billion construction and launch agreement for a worldwide satellite communications network. Judgment on the $603 million verdict was later entered and affirmed by the Superior Court with post-judgment interest of ten percent. Boeing appealed the verdict in early 2009. The proceedings before the California Court of Appeal were significantly delayed, most recently by the highly unusual recusal of two appellate justices without explanation.
“We are clearly disappointed with the court’s decision and we are evaluating our options for further review,” commented Ben Wolff, chief executive officer of Pendrell.
About Pendrell CorporationPendrell is headquartered in Kirkland, Washington. For more information about Pendrell, visit www.pendrell.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV