SALISBURY, N.C., April 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The manufacturer of Food Lion store brand products announced today it has expanded its recent recall of store brand taco dinner kits.
The latest recall includes:
- At Food Lion, Harveys and Reid's stores, the Food Lion store brand 12-count, hard taco dinner kit with UPC code 35826-00661, lot number ga-aug10125
- At Bloom stores, the 12-count hard taco dinner kit sold under the Hannaford store brand label with UPC code 41268-17572, lot number ga-aug10125; and the hard/soft dinner kit sold under the Hannaford store brand label with UPC code 41268-17573, lot number ga-aug07125
- (Previously announced) The Food Lion store brand hard/soft taco dinner kit with the UPC code 3582605118, lot number of ga-aug07125
On April 6, the company issued a voluntary recall after learning that the Food Lion-branded hard/soft taco dinner kit may have contained a milk allergen in chicken Caesar-flavored seasoning. The seasoning was not properly marked and was mistakenly included in the taco dinner kit by the manufacturer. After learning of the error, the stores immediately pulled the product from shelves. The manufacturer has since expanded the recall to include additional products with the incorrect seasoning.
The recall is being issued in an abundance of caution, and customers who may have purchased the recalled products are urged to return the items to their local Bloom, Food Lion, Harveys or Reid's store for a full refund.Hannaford Supermarkets stores are not affected by this recall. About Food LionFood Lion, based in Salisbury, N.C., is a company of Delhaize America, the U.S. division of Brussels-based Delhaize Group (NYSE: DEG). Food Lion operates more than 1,100 supermarkets in 10 Southeastern and Mid-Atlantic states, and employs approximately 57,000 associates. For more information, visit www.foodlion.com. About HarveysHarveys is an affiliate of Delhaize America, a company of Brussels-based Delhaize Group (NYSE: DEG). Harveys operates 73 stores in Georgia, Florida and South Carolina. For more information go to www.harveys-supermarkets.com. About Reid'sReid's is a company of Delhaize America, the U.S. division of Brussels-based Delhaize Group (NYSE: DEG) and operates 11 stores in South Carolina. For more information, visit www.reidsgroceries.com. SOURCE Food Lion
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts