SALISBURY, N.C., April 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The manufacturer of Food Lion store brand products announced today it has expanded its recent recall of store brand taco dinner kits.
The latest recall includes:
- At Food Lion, Harveys and Reid's stores, the Food Lion store brand 12-count, hard taco dinner kit with UPC code 35826-00661, lot number ga-aug10125
- At Bloom stores, the 12-count hard taco dinner kit sold under the Hannaford store brand label with UPC code 41268-17572, lot number ga-aug10125; and the hard/soft dinner kit sold under the Hannaford store brand label with UPC code 41268-17573, lot number ga-aug07125
- (Previously announced) The Food Lion store brand hard/soft taco dinner kit with the UPC code 3582605118, lot number of ga-aug07125
On April 6, the company issued a voluntary recall after learning that the Food Lion-branded hard/soft taco dinner kit may have contained a milk allergen in chicken Caesar-flavored seasoning. The seasoning was not properly marked and was mistakenly included in the taco dinner kit by the manufacturer. After learning of the error, the stores immediately pulled the product from shelves. The manufacturer has since expanded the recall to include additional products with the incorrect seasoning.
The recall is being issued in an abundance of caution, and customers who may have purchased the recalled products are urged to return the items to their local Bloom, Food Lion, Harveys or Reid's store for a full refund.Hannaford Supermarkets stores are not affected by this recall. About Food LionFood Lion, based in Salisbury, N.C., is a company of Delhaize America, the U.S. division of Brussels-based Delhaize Group (NYSE: DEG). Food Lion operates more than 1,100 supermarkets in 10 Southeastern and Mid-Atlantic states, and employs approximately 57,000 associates. For more information, visit www.foodlion.com. About HarveysHarveys is an affiliate of Delhaize America, a company of Brussels-based Delhaize Group (NYSE: DEG). Harveys operates 73 stores in Georgia, Florida and South Carolina. For more information go to www.harveys-supermarkets.com. About Reid'sReid's is a company of Delhaize America, the U.S. division of Brussels-based Delhaize Group (NYSE: DEG) and operates 11 stores in South Carolina. For more information, visit www.reidsgroceries.com. SOURCE Food Lion
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV