Bank of America: S&P Laggard
The S&P fell 17.31 points, or 1.25%, to 1,370.26.
Shares of Bank of America dropped 5.34% on Friday to close at $8.68.
News broke on Friday that the bank is being sued because it charged customers who could not qualify for or did not want payment protection plans, The Associated Press reported.Bank of America shares trade at an estimated price-to-earnings ratio for next year of 8.21X; the average for its peers is 8.39X. For comparison, Citigroup (C) has a lower forward P/E of 7.21X; Wells Fargo's forward P/E is 8.98X. Twenty-three of the 39 analysts who cover Bank of America rate it at hold. Eleven analysts give the stock a buy rating and five rate it at sell. TheStreet Ratings gives Bank of America a C- grade with a hold rating. The stock has risen 56.12% year to date.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV