Summary Box: Copper Falls On Global Economic News
The Associated Press
ECONOMIC TARNISH: Copper fell 2.5 percent after China said its first-quarter economic growth slowed and worries lingered about Europe's financial problems. It was the fourth drop this week.
CHINA'S IMPACT: Slower growth in China, the world's second-biggest economy, can have a ripple effect around the globe because it could mean weaker demand for commodities. China is a huge importer of commodities.
WIDESPREAD DECLINES: Prices for gold, industrial metals, oil, grains and beans fell. Heating oil rose.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV