NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Earnings are likely to be terrific next week, Jim Cramer advised his "Mad Money" TV show viewers Friday. But even if they are, Cramer still told viewers to use caution and only buy after they've had time to digest the conference calls. He reminded them that the headlines are often wrong when it comes to corporate earnings, and the devil is always in the details.
That's why on Monday, Cramer said he'll be listening to the conference call of Citigroup (C) to see if that beleaguered bank has anything to say in the way of a dividend, a buyback or anything positive for shareholders. If not, look for the entire banking sector to be weak, he said.
Executive DecisionIn the "Executive Decision" segment, Cramer sat down with Sam Thomas, chairman, president and CEO of Chart Industries (GTLS), a gas-to-liquids equipment maker whose shares are just off their 52-week high. Thomas said that when it comes to natural gas processing and liquification, "no one is as devoted to it as we are." He said that Chart Industries is involved in just about every aspect of the industry and that liquified natural gas is a global opportunity.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV