What is the difference between large and small advertisers?
Singh:While we benefit from a sales team that can help us reach our customers, [some] smaller businesses come to us on their own as opposed to us reaching out. That requires our tools and our messaging to be very optimized for an advertiser to get started on their own. And so we built out these tools that are very streamlined and simplified really so that an advertiser could get started in a minute. ... The idea being that all they really need is a video and an understanding of how much they're willing to spend and who they want to reach.
If they are interested in reaching a specific audience then they can use our screen that allows them to market and target to a specific audience either through normal means by reaching audiences who are watching content on a particular topic, or they can reach people who are searching for a particular keyword or reach people who are on specific channels on our site.
What can a small business get from using these tools to advertise?Singh:A small business can drive sales ultimately either online or in their stores. We believe that we generate a lot of value along that path to driving sales. It's interesting because a lot of small businesses originally came to us saying we need direct response and direct sales [strategies], but really this offering is tailored and optimized for any advertiser. The metrics we produce to them to measure their (return on investment) stem all the way down the funnel. It's different from TV where you can't actually connect the entire funnel.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV