Economy Forces Obama to Ditch Mr. Nice Guy in 2012
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Expect there to be no more Mr. Nice Guy for Barack Obama this election season.
The president, whose historic 2008 campaign largely triumphed on the positive message of hope and change, will have to defend a still-struggling economy in 2012, and we've already seen a hint of what may come.
"Unlike his last campaign ... he has a record to run on," said Christopher Metzler, a conservative political analyst who teaches at Georgetown University. "Keep in mind that if the campaign is about Obama's record it is a much tougher campaign; if the campaign is about Mitt Romney and his lack of being able to connect ... then it's a much harder race for the Republicans."Barack Obama's record as president is a mixed bag that includes 8.2% unemployment,
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV