10 Signs That the Job Market Is Improving
By Cindy Perman, CNBC.com Staff Writer
NEW YORK (CNBC) --Job growth hasn't been as robust as many were hoping for (I'm looking at you, March jobs report) and projections are that it will take at least until 2014 to regain the millions of jobs lost during the recession -- even longer, if the March pace turns out to be a trend and not an anomaly. I saw one projection of 2020 that nearly made me swallow my tongue.
But this is America, where anything is possible -- our glass can be half full if we want it to!
OK, it's not just that the smell of fresh-cut grass lends a feeling of optimism in the air -- there are some hard stats to back up that positive thinking."I think people no longer have to whisper about the recovery, they can actually say it out loud in conversation," quipped Katy Bardaro, the lead economist at PayScale.
More from CNBC
Dream Job: Being an Astronaut and Blasting Off to ... Hawaii
The Killer Resume: How to Get Hired by the Machines
'Shove It' Indicator: More People Now Quit Than Get Fired
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV