On Monday, an analyst did the unthinkable (gasp! the horror!) and downgraded Apple, citing concerns about carrier subsidies.
"We believe that investors should take a breather during the expected strength of this quarter and the rapid rise in the stock," Piecyk wrote, citing potential changes in the wireless industry. "We expect post-paid wireless operators to remain firm in their plan to stunt the pace of phone upgrades in 2012 and we expect to see some initial evidence of their success in the current quarter."Piecyk downgraded Apple from buy to neutral after shares hit his $600 price target. Despite the downgrade on Monday, Apple continued to chug higher, with the company surpassing $600 billion in market cap for the first time on Tuesday. Shares touched a high of $644 that day, before settling at $628.44. Apple shares have soared since the start of 2012, gaining 49.44%. That outpaces the 15.58% gain seen in the Nasdaq. > >> Bull or Bear? Vote in Our Poll
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV