First American Financial
"While we are positive on the longer-term outlook, we expect industry mortgage volumes to trend down over the next 12-18 months," Keefe, Bruyette & Woods analysts wrote in a March 1 report. "Over the long-term, we believe strong title insurers, such as FAF, should provide an attractive way to get exposure to a recovery in the purchase mortgage market."Shares of First American Financial hit a 52-week high Friday of $17.30. The stock's 52-week low of $10.51 was set on Nov. 25. First American Financial's forward P/E is 14.23; the average for property and casualty insurance companies is 15.66. For comparison, Progressive (PGR) has a lower forward P/E of 13.46. Two of the four analysts who cover First American Financial rated it hold. One analyst gave the stock a buy rating and another rated it hold. TheStreet Ratings gives First American Financial a C grade and hold rating. The stock has risen 34.49% year to date. -- Written by Alexandra Zendrian
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Alexandra Zendrian >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to Alexandra Zendrian.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV