NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of these stocks hit 52-week highs on Friday: Altria (MO), Sherwin-Williams (SHW), Salesforce.com (CRM), J.B. Hunt Transport Services (JBHT), Lorillard (LO) and First American Financial (FAF).
"We recommend the purchase of Altria for investors as we believe Q1 results will demonstrate the strength of the Marlboro franchise, the focus on the architecture of the brand and improving margins," Davenport analysts wrote in a report Thursday. "One of the primary goals of MO's tobacco operating companies is to grow their share of the revenue and profit pools generated from adult tobacco consumers."
Shares of Altria hit a 52-week high Friday of $31.71. The stock's 52-week low of $23.20 was set on Aug. 9.Altria has an estimated price-to-earnings ratio for next year of 13.41 times; the average for tobacco companies is 12.27. For comparison, Philip Morris International (PM) has a higher forward P/E of 15.03. Ten of the 18 analysts who cover Altria rated it hold; eight analysts gave the stock a buy rating. TheStreet Ratings gives Altria a B+ grade with a buy rating and $38.56 price target. The stock has risen 7.02% year to date.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV