NEW YORK, April 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Jones Lang LaSalle announced it has hired Paul Berkman, Craig Slosberg, Davie Berke and Justin Haber in New York. The market-leading retail brokers will head the expansion of the firm's retail tenant representation services in Manhattan.
"Jones Lang LaSalle is committed to boosting its retail capabilities throughout the country and Paul, Craig, Davie and Justin are the exact fit we need to enhance our New York retail operation," said Greg Maloney, President and CEO of Jones Lang LaSalle Retail. "With so many national and global retailers competing for Manhattan retail space, it was crucial for us to expand our ability in that arena to serve their needs. Their expertise will also enable us to provide a much broader suite of retail services to building owners throughout the New York region."
Nationally, Jones Lang LaSalle Retail has a third-party portfolio of nearly 100 million square feet of space and offers services including accounting, development and construction, leasing and specialty leasing services, property management, receivership services and tenant representation services.
- Paul Berkman: Berkman joins Jones Lang LaSalle as an Executive Vice President. Previously, he served as a senior managing director at Newmark Knight Frank Retail, specializing in securing high-profile locations for retailers that are new to Manhattan. He has assisted some of the world's finest brands in entering the New York market for the first time. Prior to joining Newmark Knight Frank, he was the owner and operator of a 20-store clothing chain.
Berkman is a member of the International Council of Shopping Centers and the Real Estate Board of New York. He is a licensed real estate salesperson in the State of New York. In 2003, REBNY awarded Berkman with its prestigious Deal of the Year award for his strategic representation of the owners of 25 West 14th Street in the Guitar Center's lease of 22,000 square feet for its Union Square flagship store. "Jones Lang LaSalle's collaborative culture coupled with its unmatched national platform which provides superior resources will enable us to serve the needs of retailers and landlords in the New York metropolitan area," said Berkman. "The company's deep bench of services will allow us to fulfill our clients' desire for a robust, comprehensive solution to their retail real estate requirements."
- Craig Slosberg: Slosberg joins Jones Lang LaSalle as an Executive Vice President. Previously, he served as a senior managing director at Newmark Knight Frank Retail. Slosberg focuses on tenant representation, both on a national and local level, and landlord representation, ground-up development, existing residential, office and retail properties. With more than 23 years of experience in retail real estate, he has represented a wide array of retailers and landlords in the tri-state area.
Prior to joining Newmark Knight Frank Retail, Slosberg was vice president of commercial brokerage and management for Grenadier Realty Corp., a wholly owned subsidiary of Starrett Corp. He received a bachelor's degree in business administration from the State University of New York at Oswego. Slosberg also earned a certificate in real estate finance from New York University. He is a member of the Real Estate Board of New York and a long-standing member of its Stores Committee. Slosberg is also a member of the International Council of Shopping Centers and the Young Men's/Women's Real Estate Association of New York. He serves as a director on the board of the Armonk Baseball League.
- Davie Berke: Berke joins Jones Lang LaSalle as a Vice President. He previously served as a director with Newmark Knight Frank Retail, executing numerous transactions on including the rollout of several national and local chains. He has provided tenant representation services to a diverse array of clients ranging from the food industry to clothing and apparel to associations.
He received a bachelor's degree in economics from Union College in New York. Berke is fluent in Spanish, enabling him to meet the needs of Spanish-speaking clients within the United States and internationally.
- Justin Haber: Haber joins Jones Lang LaSalle as an Associate. Previously, he served as an associate with Newmark Knight Frank Retail. Haber specialized in tenant representation and landlord leasing services. He also served as an intern with MLB.com.
Haber received a bachelor's degree from the University of Arizona. He is a licensed real estate salesperson in the state of New York.Jones Lang LaSalle is intensifying its retail resources at the local level in select markets - including Florida, the Midwest and Southern California - by leveraging its Retail Tenant Solutions capabilities and relationships with local and national retailers. This complements the firm's already strong landlord services including retail capital markets, property management, and tenant representation and landlord leasing. " New York has always been a critical market for Jones Lang LaSalle," said Peter Riguardi, President of Jones Lang LaSalle's New York office. " Paul Berkman, Craig Slosberg, Davie Berke and Justin Haber are talented, dynamic professionals with a rare understanding of the Manhattan retail market. Their knowledge of the New York retail scene will complement the expertise and capabilities of our core group of brokerage professionals." Jones Lang LaSalle is a leader in the New York tri-state commercial real estate market, with more than 1,750 of the most recognized industry experts offering brokerage, capital markets, facilities management, consulting, and project and development services. In 2011, the New York tri-state team completed approximately 15.9 million square feet in lease transactions, completed capital markets transactions valued at $1.57 billion, managed projects valued at more than $6.8 billion, and oversaw a property and facilities management portfolio of 106.4 million square feet. About Jones Lang LaSalle Jones Lang LaSalle (NYSE:JLL) is a financial and professional services firm specializing in real estate. The firm offers integrated services delivered by expert teams worldwide to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying or investing in real estate. With 2011 global revenue of $3.6 billion, Jones Lang LaSalle serves clients in 70 countries from more than 1,000 locations worldwide, including 200 corporate offices. The firm is an industry leader in property and corporate facility management services, with a portfolio of approximately 2.1 billion square feet worldwide. LaSalle Investment Management, the company's investment management business, is one of the world's largest and most diverse in real estate with $47.7 billion of assets under management. For further information, please visit our website, www.joneslanglasalle.com. SOURCE Jones Lang LaSalle
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV