"We believe that the marginal cost curve of the U.S. gas supply is supportive of Fayetteville as a necessary part of the near-term and long-term supply picture," FBR analysts wrote in a March 23 report. "We note that our interpretation of body language around Brown Dense remains positive. The second well result is expected with 1Q12 results and the third well shortly thereafter."
Shares of Southwestern Energy hit a 52-week low on Friday of $28.15. The stock's 52-week high of $49.25 was set on July 25.Southwestern Energy has an estimated price-to-earnings ratio for next year of 16.49 times; the average for exploration and production companies is 26.21. For comparison, Williams (WMB) has a forward P/E of 15.54. Seventeen of the 32 analysts who cover Southwestern Energy rated it hold. Thirteen analysts gave the stock a buy rating and two rated it sell. TheStreet Ratings gives Southwestern Energy a C+ grade and hold rating. The stock has fallen 12.12% year to date.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV