Blankfein's pay fell by $6.6 million to $12 million as his bonus and share-based awards decreased by 44.4% each. His salary, however, more than tripled to $2 million.
|Goldman Sachs Chairman and CEO Lloyd Blankfein earned $12 million in 2011.|
Other senior officers at Goldman, including President and COO Gary Cohn, CFO David Viniar, and vice chairmen Michael Evans and John Weinberg, saw nearly identical changes to their compensation. Each was paid $11.85 million in 2011-- slightly less than Blankfein -- after having received $18.6 million in 2010. Also like Blankfein, they saw their cash bonuses and restricted stock units fall by 44.4% while salary more than tripled.
Goldman earned $4.44 billion in 2011 on revenues of $28.81 billion, compared to earnings of $8.35 billion on revenues of $39.16 billion for 2010. Its shares lost 46% during the year.A Goldman spokesman had no immediate response to a request for comment. -- Written by Dan Freed in New York. Follow this writer on Twitter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV