One under-$10 stock in the printing and publishing complex that looks poised for decent upside is Lee Enterprises (LEE), which provides local news, information, and advertising services primarily in midsize and small markets in the U.S. This stock is off to a very strong start in 2012 with shares up over 65% so far.
If you take a look at the chart for Lee Enterprises, you'll notice that for the last few months, this stock has been finding consistent buying interest whenever it's pulled back to just above $1 a share. This demonstrates that large traders are no longer willing to sell the stock at this time when it hits that price level. Now shares of Lee Enterprises have started to move back above its 50-day moving average of $1.15 a share. This move could be the start of a much larger trend higher for this stock.
Traders should now look for long-biased trades in LEE as long as this stock is trending above its 50-day moving average with strong upside volume flows. If that level holds, and if it's most recent lows of $1.04 to $1.07 hold, then this stock could be setting up for a significant run higher. The next major overhead resistance on LEE sits at $1.35 a share. If that price point gets hit and then taken out with volume we could easily see a run-up towards $1.73 a share or higher in the near-term. Look for volume on any move over $1.35 that's near or well above its three-month average volume of 529,394 shares.I would simply use a mental stop just below $1.04 to $1.07 a share, or simply stop out on any large volume move below its 50-day moving average. This stock is coiled with all that buying support just above $1, so look for any strength from here to play this stock from the long side. To see more hot under-$10 stocks, check out the Stocks Under-$10 Setting Up To Trade Higher portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV