5 Stocks Under $10 Poised for Gains
ATP Oil & Gas
One under-$10 name that could be poised for some decent upside from here is oil and natural gas player ATP Oil & Gas (ATPG). This stock is off to a weak start in 2012 with shares off by around 7%.
If you take a look at the chart for ATP Oil & Gas, you'll notice that this stock has been downtrending hard from its recent high of $9.50 to a low of $6.41 a share. That downtrend just pushed this stock back below its 50-day moving average of $7.57 a share. That said, the stock is now trading near some previous support levels at around $6 to $6.23 a share. In fact, yesterday the stock hit $6.41 and bounced a bit, which is bullish since it held above $6. Buyers have consistently support this stock since the start of the year whenever it's pulled back below $7 a share. If that pattern holds up here, then ATPG could be a solid buying opportunity.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV