More Americans Quitting Than Being Laid Off, Stats Show
Maybe the great American worker knows something the eggheads in Washington and on Wall Street don't. Or more likely, an increasing amount of Americans may have finally had enough of working longer hours for shorter pay, and are striking out on their own and setting up an office in the garage, or heading off to North Dakota and Western Pennsylvania to cash in on the shale oil boom.
Nobody really knows.
But economists and maybe even nervous employers will be keeping a close eye on next month's JOLTS survey. Some of their best workers may, indirectly at least, be on it.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV