Last up on this week's list is International Speedway (ISCA), a small-cap entertainment stock that operates major racetracks around the country. ISCA's properties include some of the biggest and most well-known tracks in the country, including Daytona International Speedway (home of the Daytona 500) and Talladega in Alabama.
ISCA is inseparable from NASCAR -- the firm hosts some of the biggest events in the circuit, and is majority owned by the France family, which also owns NASCAR. That massive exposure to a wildly popular sport (second only to the NFL in TV viewership) gives ISCA a major economic moat with little risk from new competitors.The convalescing economy has had a palpable impact on ticket sales to NASCAR events hosted at ISCA tracks in the last few years. While that's pressured revenues, those pressures should abate once fans become more willing to spend money on sporting events. ISCA announced an 11.1% dividend increase last week, bringing its annual payout to 20 cents per share. This stock isn't a core income holding by any stretch of the imagination (it yields less than 1% right now), but management is certainly sending a message to investors by paying out more cash in 2012. International Speedway was also featured recently on " 4 Stocks Set to Soar on Earnings Reports ." To see these dividend plays in action, check out the Dividend Stocks for the Week portfolio on Stockpickr. And if you haven't already done so, join Stockpickr today to create your own dividend portfolio. -- Written by Jonas Elmerraji in Baltimore.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV