NEW YORK -- Citigroup (C) is expected to report first-quarter earnings before the bell Monday and analysts see the bank earning $1 a share, the same as a year earlier, on revenue of almost $20 billion.
Mattel (MAT), the toy company, said Monday that first-quarter net income declined 53%.
Mattel posted profit of $7.8 million, or 2 cents a share, down from year-earlier earnings of $16.6 million, or 5 cents. Adjusted earnings in the latest quarter were 6 cents a share.Revenue fell 3% to $928.4 million. Analysts expected Mattel to post quarterly earnings of 7 cents a share on revenue of $990.9 million. 15 Apple-Like Stocks That Could Bear Similar Fruit
Gannett (GCI) , the publisher of USA Today, will earn 31 cents a share in the first quarter, according to analysts. Well Fargo Hits Record Earnings on Mortgage Volume
The Federal Communications Commission has proposed fining Google (GOOG) $25,000 for obstructing an investigation into the company's collection of data from unencrypted Wi-Fi networks in 2010, according to a published media report. Meanwhile, Oracle's (ORCL) case against Google over smartphone technology begins Monday in San Francisco with jury selection. Oracle claims that Google's Android operating system infringes patents and copyrights associated with the Java programming language, which Oracle obtained through its purchase of Sun Microsystems. 5 Takeaways From JPMorgan Chase Earnings
-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV