TYSONS CORNER, Va., April 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- MicroStrategy® Incorporated (Nasdaq: MSTR), a leading worldwide provider of business intelligence (BI) software, today announced " Experiences of a Lifetime" dream-vacation contests for users of Emma™, its free, friendly classifieds marketplace app linked to Facebook.
In addition to making its users feel safer and more confident during classifieds marketplace interactions, Emma is making its users' dreams come true. In the months ahead, Emma will be sending select Emma network users to unforgettable destinations abroad, including the Cannes Film Festival. Emma users can enter to win Experiences of a Lifetime trips by logging into Emma.com and submitting a free bid on any of the Experiences of a Lifetime listings.
There are currently six Experiences of a Lifetime listings that Emma users are able to win, with additional listings to be added at a later date. Starting in May, Emma will send Experiences of a Lifetime winners and a guest on the following trips:
- Cannes Film Festival. In May, an Emma winner will win a Red Carpet experience, mingle with celebrities, attend VIP parties, and enjoy a luxury yacht getaway in the French Riviera.
- amfAR. In May, an Emma winner will attend an exclusive, star-studded black tie gala benefiting AIDS research, held during the Cannes Film Festival.
- Monaco Grand Prix. In May, an Emma winner will watch their favorite drivers trackside by day and then dine on a luxury yacht by night.
- Summer Escape in Amsterdam. In July, an Emma winner will boat through Amsterdam's historic canals, see the great works of Van Gogh, and take in the old world charm of windmills and the Keukenhof gardens.
- Spectacular St. Barts Vacation. In December, an Emma winner will experience the dream island of St. Barts, explore the fabulous beaches and nightlife, and cruise the island's magical reefs aboard a luxury yacht.
- Honeymoon in Vegas. In January 2013, an Emma winner will hop aboard a helicopter for a tour of the Red Rock Canyon, catch a Cirque du Soleil performance, and experience true romance with a Wynn Las Vegas honeymoon suite stay.
Winners will be chosen based on their interests relevant to specific listings, which are reflected in their Facebook profiles and revealed through Emma. For example, the Monaco Grand Prix winner will be chosen based on Facebook "Likes," interests, and photos relevant to the Monaco Grand Prix (i.e. being the biggest Formula 1 fan or showing the greatest interest in traveling and meeting new people). The most passionate fans will be selected to live out their dream escape. To see details about the "Experiences of a Lifetime" giveaways, visit http://www.emma.com/about/experience.The first 2012 Experiences of a Lifetime giveaway, held in February, selected fans of Elton John and the Oscars and sent them to the annual Academy Awards viewing party benefiting the Elton John AIDS foundation. A second February contest discovered aspiring actors and sent them to an exclusive Oscar After-Party in Los Angeles with Hollywood "A-listers." To view the winners' Oscars experience, visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=weha6HPok_g. Emma goes beyond the traditional "classifieds" concept of buying and selling products and services. It provides a secure, targeted marketplace for social interactions and gives users peace of mind in knowing who they are dealing with. Emma extends users' Facebook social worlds to a broader classifieds marketplace, helping them find not only people with the right interests, availability and location, but also people in whom they can place more trust. MicroStrategy launched Emma in September 2011 for the iPhone, and subsequently released a web version in December 2011 and an Android version in January 2012. "Emma is the friendly marketplace to seek a date, look for a job opportunity, sell stuff, buy services, hire the right person, or find a roommate," said Michael J. Saylor, chairman and CEO of MicroStrategy Incorporated. "Emma lets you search for people to interact with using Facebook profile information so you feel more confident transacting with a broader community beyond your immediate Facebook friend network." For more details on each Experience of a Lifetime, and to download and log into the free app, visit http://www.emma.com. About MicroStrategyFounded in 1989, MicroStrategy is a leading provider of enterprise software platforms for business intelligence (BI), mobile intelligence, and social intelligence applications. MicroStrategy's BI platform enables leading organizations worldwide to analyze the vast amounts of data stored across their enterprises to make better business decisions. Companies choose MicroStrategy BI for its ease-of-use, sophisticated analytics, and superior data and user scalability. MicroStrategy's mobile intelligence platform helps companies and organizations build, deploy, and maintain mobile apps across a range of solutions by embedding intelligence, transactions, and multimedia into apps. MicroStrategy's social intelligence platform includes a number of applications that help enterprises harness the power of social networks for marketing and e-commerce, as well as a suite of free consumer friendly apps that use MicroStrategy's enterprise technologies. The MicroStrategy Cloud offering combines MicroStrategy and third-party software, hardware, and services to enable rapid, cost-effective development of hosted BI, mobile, and social applications. To learn more about MicroStrategy (Nasdaq: MSTR), visit www.microstrategy.com and follow us on Facebook ( http://www.facebook.com/microstrategy) and Twitter ( http://www.twitter.com/microstrategy). MicroStrategy, MicroStrategy Business Intelligence Platform, MicroStrategy Cloud, MicroStrategy Mobile, Cloud Personal, MicroStrategy Transaction Services, Wisdom, MicroStrategy Wisdom and Emma are either trademarks or registered trademarks of MicroStrategy Incorporated in the United States and certain other countries. Other product and company names mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners. MSTR-G
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV