Camden Goes Green ... ECO Charter School Celebrates Earth Day
CAMDEN, N.J., April 13, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Each year the Environment Community Opportunity (ECO) Charter School, a public elementary institution in Camden, celebrates Earth Day! This year the observance theme is Discover the Dangers of Plastics: Make the Choice, Use Your Voice! ECO Charter School and the Camden community will commemorate Earth Day on Friday, April 20th, from 10 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. at Northgate Park (North 6th & Elm Streets).
The school has sponsored Earth Day programming since 2006. ECO Charter School's Earth Day recognition is a day of education, celebration and action for students, their families and the greater Camden community. This year's event will feature an all-school theatrical production, environmentally-themed presentations of student learning, a display of student-created recycled plastic bottle sculptures depicting New Jersey's endangered species and a keynote address by the Honorable Mayor Dana Reed. Also, Earth Day logo design contest winners will be recognized.
"This event demonstrates how children can inspire adults to enact simple lifestyle changes that yield significant positive impacts," explains Dr. Antoinette C. Dendtler, ECO Charter School's Founder & Head of School. "It is an opportunity for students to exhibit progress toward becoming adept learners, community leaders and environmental stewards and an occasion in which community members are empowered to learn about and actively resolve local and global environmental issues."For more information and/or to volunteer, please visit the website at www.ecocharterschool.org or call 856.963.2627. SOURCE ECO Charter School
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV