Hooper Holmes Inc. Stock Downgraded (HH)
- HOOPER HOLMES INC has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, HOOPER HOLMES INC swung to a loss, reporting -$0.05 versus $0.02 in the prior year.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Health Care Providers & Services industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 126.6% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $2.18 million to -$0.58 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Health Care Providers & Services industry and the overall market, HOOPER HOLMES INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for HOOPER HOLMES INC is rather low; currently it is at 24.80%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -1.40% trails that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to $0.59 million or 87.08% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite a decrease in cash flow of 87.08%, HOOPER HOLMES INC is in line with the industry average cash flow growth rate of -94.54%.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts