We continue to be pleased with the results of each and every store in our base, especially our full-priced stores. We recently announced the opening of our 23rd retail store in South Florida at the Aventura Mall. We continue to improve our store design and expect the build out for this store to be roughly $200,000. Given the store will be opened next week, we are pleased with our quick turnaround time of 4 weeks between lease signing and store opening. In addition to Aventura, we have 2 signed leases and expect to have another several signed leases in the coming months.
Our wholesale sales increased by 19% for the quarter, with sales of $20.8 million compared to $17.5 million in the prior year period. Sales gains came from both our men's and women's sales channels and the addition of sales attributable to our new brand, else. Our men's wholesale sales continue to exceed our expectations, increasing 58% over the prior year period, with strong growth in both denim and tees. Similar to last quarter, we saw increases in our door count, our average sales per door and presentation sizes at our retailers. Our Joe's women's wholesale sales increased this quarter, reversing the downtrend of the last several quarters. Most encouraging is the fact that we saw increases in Joe's women's denim, which further built upon the trends from the fourth quarter. As we have seen over the last several months in our company-owned stores, our fashion product is resonating with our customer. Based on the results of the last couple of quarters, we are cautiously excited that we are seeing the same trends filter down to our wholesale channel.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV