WINDERMERE, Fla. ( Stockpickr) -- U.S. stocks soared on Thursday after positive data came out of China and the debt-burdened countries in Europe.
China's central bank surprised the market after it reported a jump in loans for March. Market players viewed that news as a positive since many were worried that China's economy was starting to lose some of its feverish growth.
Debt worries in Europe took a day off after Italy had no issues in selling $6.4 billion in government debt. That successful sale helped rates in Italy fall, and European stocks to reverse course and trend higher after opening up in the red.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV