WALNUT CREEK, Calif., April 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Verizon Wireless today announced that it will expand the nation's largest 4G Long Term Evolution (LTE) network in Sacramento in the coming weeks. The expanded 4G LTE network will enable customers to use their wireless devices in more parts of Sacramento to access the Internet faster; listen to music or watch video on their phones; use thousands of apps; and stay in touch with family and friends, all with speeds up to 10 times faster than before.
Verizon Wireless 4G LTE service is currently available in Sacramento including Loomis, West Sacramento, Elk Grove, Roseville, Mather, Elverta, Pocket and Truxel areas. With the planned network expansion, residents in Woodland will have access to the nation's fastest 4G network.
"The future is here in Sacramento and it is Verizon Wireless 4G LTE," said Kevin Zavaglia, region president for Verizon Wireless. "Our commitment to 4G LTE is bringing customers a level of wireless data service with upload and download speeds and connectivity that is revolutionizing the way we communicate."
Since its launch on December 5, 2010, Verizon Wireless has introduced its 4G LTE network to more than 200 million people in 203 markets across the country and supports more than 20 4G LTE devices, including a wide variety of tablets, smartphones, hotspots and more.In real-world, fully loaded network environments, Verizon Wireless 4G LTE customers should experience average data rates of 5 to 12 megabits per second (Mbps) on the downlink and 2 to 5 Mbps on the uplink.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV