- First Quarter 2012 Segment Revenue: $694 million; up 20%
- First Quarter 2012 Operating Income: $79.4 million; up 27%
Steady first quarter demand drove load growth of 16% over the prior year. Higher fuel prices and tighter capacity in the truck market contributed to our Eastern network growth of 28%. Transcontinental growth was 9% compared to prior year. Overall revenue grew 20% as a result of the volume growth, fuel surcharge recovery and a 3% increase in rates.
Operating income increased 27% over prior year. Cost increases in fuel, dray costs and dray purchase transportation were offset with steady demand, consistent rail service, improved execution on dray movements and customer price increases. The current period ended with approximately 54,800 units of trailing capacity and more than 3,250 power units available to the dray fleet.Dedicated Contract Services (DCS)
- First Quarter 2012 Segment Revenue: $256 million; up 7%
- First Quarter 2012 Operating Income: $28.1 million; up 51%
- First Quarter 2012 Segment Revenue: $128 million; up 8%
- First Quarter 2012 Operating Income: $4.9 million; down 16%
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV