- First Quarter 2012 Segment Revenue: $694 million; up 20%
- First Quarter 2012 Operating Income: $79.4 million; up 27%
Steady first quarter demand drove load growth of 16% over the prior year. Higher fuel prices and tighter capacity in the truck market contributed to our Eastern network growth of 28%. Transcontinental growth was 9% compared to prior year. Overall revenue grew 20% as a result of the volume growth, fuel surcharge recovery and a 3% increase in rates.
Operating income increased 27% over prior year. Cost increases in fuel, dray costs and dray purchase transportation were offset with steady demand, consistent rail service, improved execution on dray movements and customer price increases. The current period ended with approximately 54,800 units of trailing capacity and more than 3,250 power units available to the dray fleet.Dedicated Contract Services (DCS)
- First Quarter 2012 Segment Revenue: $256 million; up 7%
- First Quarter 2012 Operating Income: $28.1 million; up 51%
- First Quarter 2012 Segment Revenue: $128 million; up 8%
- First Quarter 2012 Operating Income: $4.9 million; down 16%