- On February 27, 2012, Ceres completed its initial public offering, issuing 5,750,000 shares of Common Stock at $13 per share, including 750,000 shares issued pursuant to the full exercise of the underwriters’ option to purchase additional shares, resulting in net proceeds, after deducting net underwriting discounts, commissions and offering expenses, of $65.3 million.
- In Brazil, Ceres received a Certificate of Quality in Biosafety from the National Technical Commission of Biosafety, or CTNBio, the Brazilian government’s commission that regulates biotechnology crop traits. This certification allows Ceres to submit requests to import and evaluate traits developed through biotechnology. The company’s current product offerings in Brazil do not include biotechnology products.
- Ceres and a research collaborator in the U.K. completed the first high-resolution genetic map of a promising energy grass known as miscanthus. This milestone is expected to speed development of economically viable seeded miscanthus varieties. The mapping project in miscanthus also allows Ceres to identify equivalent genes in related crops, such as sweet sorghum and switchgrass.
- During the quarter ended February 29, 2012, Ceres was awarded four U.S. patents related to methods for improving plants, plants and plant parts and compositions of matter for DNA and protein sequences.
Ceres Announces Fiscal Second Quarter 2012 Financial Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.