Nearest Resistance: N/A
Nearest Support: $62.50Catalyst: Acquisition Last up today is Cytec Industries (CYT), a specialty plastics maker that's getting search attention after announcing that it was planning to acquire UK aircraft component maker Umeco. Shares of CYT are rallying more than 12.5% on news of the acquisition, making a new 52-week high for the stock. Making new highs is significant from an investor psychology standpoint because it means that everyone who has bought shares in the last year is sitting on gains - as a result, the "back to even" mentality is less of a concern than it would be for a name with a higher proportion of shareholders sitting on losses. For late-to-the-game buyers, though, I'd recommend sitting on the sidelines until CYT pushes above today's high water mark. Cytec shows up on a list of Materials Stocks Bought and Sold by Hedge Funds for the most recently reported quarter. To see these stocks in action, check out the at Most-Searched Stocks portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Jonas Elmerraji in Baltimore.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV