LUBBOCK, Texas, April 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- For more than 25 years, Sam's Club has been a part of the West Texas landscape. That long retail history is about to take a new turn this month when the newly relocated Sam's Club opens Thursday, April 19, at 7:30 a.m. The new club, located in the Canyon West Shopping Center in the booming western side of Lubbock, is easily accessible at the intersection of West Loop 289 and the Marsha Sharp Freeway at the Milwaukee Avenue access.
"Sam's Club has been a great corporate citizen for over a quarter of a century, and has been a very big part of our retail scene for all those years," Lubbock Mayor Tom Martin said. "The club has always had a positive impact on our city's retail trade. I anticipate this new club to take that impact to an ever higher level."
While the new Sam's Club is only relocating less than a mile from its original location, club manager Kevin Judge says its location is much more convenient for the public due to easier vehicular access in-and-out of the club and ample parking."Historically the local Sam's Club location draws members from a 100-mile radius surrounding Lubbock," Judge said. "When members drive from New Mexico for day trips or to visit the many colleges and medical centers in the city, Sam's Club wants to be a convenient retail destination for savings made simple. This new location gives us that added benefit." New Layout, Bright Atmosphere, Expansive Selections Await Members In addition to increased accessibility to members, the relocated Sam's Club features a more shopper-friendly interior layout. The new club measures approximately 136,000 square feet, which is about one-third larger than the previous Sam's Club location.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV