Amazon vs. eBay: A Shopper's Perspective
Seller Options: There's nothing wrong with a fixed price -- if you're buying a hairdryer or a jug of detergent. But eBay's other options -- like auction, buy it now, and best offer -- can be as addictive as gambling, especially on high-ticket items.
Shopper Experience: One thing that draws shoppers back to eBay time and again is the sheer wild variety of the goods. It's a browser's paradise, and it even has a category called Everything Else that seems to be designed for people who have lost their minds.
Amazon has one big edge over eBay. It's built for a quick and easy shopping experience, so shoppers can pile up a long and varied shopping list in a hurry. Amazon Prime makes it even easier.
So if Amazon is the big-box store of the Web, eBay is the whole mall -- plus Main Street and the big-city downtown -- all without the commute.--Written by Carol Kopp of Minyanville.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV