MIAMI, April 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Several exciting new dining and entertainment choices, including The Taste Bar complimentary appetizer program, The Punchliner Comedy Club presented by George Lopez and The Punchliner Comedy Brunch presented by George Lopez, will debut on the Carnival Miracle, which launches the line's first year-round schedule from New York later today.
The program features three different eight-day itineraries, each visiting a diversity of tropical destinations throughout the Caribbean, Bahamas and Florida.
The Taste Bar – New Complimentary Appetizer Program Carnival's newest casual dining option, The Taste Bar, is being introduced on Carnival Miracle with fleetwide implementation expected to be completed by summer 2013. The Taste Bar features complimentary bite-size offerings inspired by the newest and most popular "Fun Ship 2.0" dining venues, along with a signature cocktail tied to that eatery's particular theme available for purchase for $5. Sample offerings may include:
- Roasted pork tacos with green chili salsa and aged cotija cheese, and chicken, avocado, and lime tortilla soup, inspired by the BlueIguana Cantina that debuted on Carnival Liberty, with a refreshing Blue's Blue Margarita as the accompanying drink
- Nonna's meatballs and hand-whipped ricotta bruchetta, patterned after the family-style offerings at the Cucina del Capitano Italian restaurant introduced on Carnival Magic, with the eatery's house Chianti served from an oversized barrel on wheels
- Fried malanga (sweet potatoes) filled with ginger-scented pork and lime aioli, and pepper pot soup with cilantro sour cream, similar to what is served at Carnival Magic's RedFrog Pub, with a Rum Jumper as the suggested beverage
- Grilled ham and provolone cheese melt on buttermilk brioche and cream of tomato soup, from the new Comfort Kitchen option debuting on Carnival Breeze, served with Lynchburg Lemonade
- Short rib croquettes with chipotle aioli and guava and tomato relish, served with pumpkin bisque with sour cream, available with a Manhattan cocktail representing Carnival's classic American steakhouses
The Taste Bar cuisine samples will be offered on a rotating basis from approximately 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. on sea days and select port days. Location will vary by ship, with Carnival Miracle's Taste Bar selections offered on Promenade Deck in a recently renovated venue that formerly housed the vessel's sushi bar. Sushi will be one of the featured Taste Bar themes and sushi will also be offered at the Carnival Miracle's poolside restaurant nightly during dinner service.Debut of Punchliner Comedy Club Presented by George Lopez Also making its Big Apple debut is the Punchliner Comedy Club presented by George Lopez, part of a recently announced partnership with the popular comedian who serves as the line's "curator of comedy," acting as a consultant on the vetting and hiring of both established and up-and-coming comedic talent. The Punchliner Comedy Club presented by George Lopez will offer five side-splitting 35-minute shows on multiple nights during each voyage, with at least two comedians performing each night. Two early-evening shows offer fun for the whole family while the later performances feature R-rated adults-only comedy. Lopez has recorded a number of fun, light-hearted greetings that will be shown on Carnival Miracle's in-cabin televisions and played during introductions of comedy club performances. New employee uniforms and signage, each bearing the distinctive The Punchliner Comedy Club presented by George Lopez branding, have been created, as well. Laughter, Pancakes and More Served at Punchliner Comedy Brunch For those who prefer a little merriment in the morning, there's the new Punchliner Comedy Brunch presented by George Lopez, which debuts on the Carnival Miracle and offers up heaping servings of laughter along with a new twist on the traditional culinary feast. Taking place on sea days in the main dining room, The Punchliner Comedy Brunch presented by George Lopez is a free dining option that features five- to six-minute performances each hour by hilarious comedians who entertain guests as they enjoy a variety of delicious mid-morning favorites prepared by Carnival's master chefs. Many items are inspired by Lopez's Mexican heritage, including Carne y Huevos – filet mignon topped with two eggs and bearnaise sauce; Hen Alla Diavola, grilled chicken with lemon and pepper; and Mexican-style churros. Two special "George's Recipes" dishes created by the comedian himself – his own take on Huevos Rancheros that features a chicken quesadilla topped with fried eggs and manchego cheese, and a breakfast burrito filled with scrambled eggs, beans and chorizo – are also offered.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV