NORWALK, Conn., April 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- A majority of radiologists employed in private practices or imaging centers fear being acquired by a local hospital and being driven out of business, according to a survey conducted by UBM Medica's Diagnostic Imaging.
Diagnostic Imaging's survey asked radiologists about changes in practice structure and how they are affecting job security and compensation. Of the 256 respondents, about 40 percent were employed by a private practice or imaging center, 33 percent were hospital employees, and 23 percent were employed at an academic medical center.
- Nearly 70 percent of private practice radiologists who responded said they were "very" or "a little" concerned about being acquired by a local hospital, and 74 percent said they were "very" or "a little concerned" about being driven out of business by acquisitions or outsourcing.
- Among all respondents, pay reductions and long-term job security topped the list of major concerns.
The survey responses appeared to mirror current trends in the marketplace, as smaller practices merge or are becoming acquired. Healthcare reform and the creation of accountable care organizations promise to further shake up the employment landscape for radiologists.
About UBM Medica USAddressing today's healthcare information needs, UBM Medica, a division of UBM plc (UBM.L), delivers strategic, integrated communications solutions and comprehensive reach—online, in print, live, and via custom programs. Improving the effectiveness of healthcare through information and education, UBM Medica provides unbiased clinical, practical, and business information for physicians, providers, payers, and patients around the world. Through journals, magazines, websites, drug databases, data services, live events, and other valuable resources, UBM Medica also delivers comprehensive communication solutions for the pharmaceutical and related industries. US websites include PsychiatricTimes.com, CancerNetwork.com, DiagnosticImaging.com, ConsultantLive.com, OBGYN.net, PhysiciansPractice.com and SearchMedica.com. Employing more than 1,400 people with offices in 29 countries, UBM Medica is headquartered in London. For more information, visit http://www.ubmmedica.com/. Media contact: Jason J. GoldenContent Marketing Manager203-523-7041 firstname.lastname@example.org SOURCE UBM Medica
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV