Morehouse College Honors AJC's Rabbi Noam Marans
ATLANTA, April 12, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- AJC's Director of Interreligious and Intergroup Relations, Rabbi Noam Marans, was inducted today into the Martin Luther King Jr. Board of Preachers of Morehouse College at its historic campus in Atlanta.
"We are delighted that Morehouse College has chosen to honor our valued colleague, Noam Marans," said AJC Executive Director David Harris. "He has championed AJC's work with other faith groups."
Marans was the only rabbi in this year's cohort of 39 religious leaders honored as part of the 27th Martin Luther King Jr. College of Ministers and Laity. The theme of this year's event is "Showing Up in the World: Answering the Call to Learn, Serve and Lead.""I accept this honor as a representative of AJC, whose singular leadership in interfaith and interethnic affairs is being recognized by Morehouse, a venerable African-American academic institution," said Marans. Morehouse College is the alma mater of many African-American leaders, including the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Dr. Lawrence Carter, Dean of Morehouse's Martin Luther King Jr. International Chapel, bestowed the prestigious commendation upon Marans. Carter is an alumnus of the Christian Leadership Initiative (CLI), a joint venture of AJC and the Shalom Hartman Institute in Israel. CLI fellows are Christian academic and denominational leaders from across the United States who study Judaism and Jewish texts at the Hartman Institute's Jerusalem campus during consecutive summers and participate in distance-learning during the intervening academic year. The program is supported by the Berkman Charitable Trust. SOURCE American Jewish Committee
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV