3 Things You Should Know About Small Business: April 12
NEW YORK ( MainStreet) - What's happening in small business today?
1. Here's one of those "Why didn't I think of that?" business ideas. Ever considered running a grilled cheese truck? Entrepreneur/former restaurant worker Michael Jacober is doing it in NYC and out of a former New York Police Department van that he bought at a police auction for $6,000, according to the New York Daily News .
Food trucks are all the rage these days -- from a consumer standpoint they offer tasty meals on the cheap and it's fun to check your Twitter account to find out where your favorite truck is planting itself each day. For business owners, it leaves out much of the overhead -- and headaches -- that a restaurant usually brings.
"I wanted to take a step into something that wasn't high risk," Jacober told the Daily News. He launched Morris Grilled Cheese in January 2011 and serves up tasty treats like the $10 Croque Monsieur melt, a smoked ham, pickled spring onion with provolone grilled sandwich, according to the article.2. Learn why you should 'Instagram' your business. As more businesses get comfortable with using social media, experts say the more visual you can make your shared content, the better. "
Follow TheStreet on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV