5. Capital Ratios Robust: JPMorgan ended the first quarter with Basel 1 Tier 1 Capital ratio of 10.4% and an estimated Basel III Tier 1 Capital ratio of 8.4%.
The bank passed the Federal Reserve's annual stress tests with flying colors, announcing a a quarterly dividend increase of 20% to 30 cents a share and a $15 billion share buyback program.
In his annual letter, Dimon said the bank might be less inclined to buy back shares when they trade at levels above $45.
"We will repurchase equity as deemed appropriate relative to our organic growth, investment opportunities, capital retention needs, and the stock price," the company said in its statement following the earnings release.In the analyst conference call, Dimon said the management will wait until they know more about capital rules before they consider alternative capital deployment strategies such as a special dividend. --Written by Shanthi Bharatwaj in New York
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV