Eagle Plains Resources (TSX-V:EPL)(Pink Sheets: EGPLF) and Providence Resources Corp. (TSX-V: PV) are pleased to announce that drilling has started on their Iron Range JV project located near Creston, British Columbia. FB Drilling has been retained to complete 8 to 10 diamond drill holes (3,000 meters) in the Canyon, Row, 6 Mile, and Arrow East target areas.
The objective of the drill program is to test high-priority target areas for Sullivan-style lead-zinc-silver mineralization as well as gold mineralization similar to that intersected in the 2010 Talon Zone gold-silver-lead-zinc discovery. Exploration drilling will be executed according to the table below.
|5||1,100||Canyon||Gold-Lead-Zinc-Silver||2km by 2km arsenic + lead and zinc anomalies|
Southern margin of Canyon Zone, drill test
IP geophysical anomalies associated with
and along strike of Talon Zone.
5 kilometer-long lead+zinc soil anomaly. 3
VTEM geophysical anomalies are slated for
Iron Range Exploration Highlights
- Talon Zone Gold-Lead-Zinc-Silver Discovery (2010-2011)
- Talon Zone Surface IP Survey (2011)
- Historical Soil Survey compilation including over 14,000 soil samples (2011)
- VTEM and ZTEM Airborne Geophysical Surveys (2012)
- Completion of Fugro Airborne Gravity Survey (results expected April, 2012)
- Geological Compilation refined location of Aldridge Lower Middle Contact (2011)
2012 Exploration ProgramThe objective of the Phase 1, 2012 program is to systematically evaluate all existing exploration data, including newly-acquired geophysical data, followed by field evaluation of all resulting anomalies, and ultimately drill testing the highest priority targets.