Spire Corporation (Nasdaq: SPIR), a global company providing solar photovoltaic equipment and systems announced today that it will provide a 20 megawatt ("MW") Photovoltaic ("PV”) module turnkey assembly line to the collaboration of SKY Energy International, Inc. ("SKY") located in Florida and Metals and Engineering Corporation ("METEC") located in Ethiopia.
The module assembly line will be established in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The facility will be the first state-of-the-art module manufacturing line in Ethiopia. The Ethiopian Government has announced its goal to have 20% of its power capacity coming from solar energy within the next five (5) years.
“We are pleased to support SKY and METEC to bring solar to Ethiopia. Ethiopia is a nation where 80% of the population presently does not have access to electricity,” said Roger G. Little, Chairman and CEO of Spire Corporation. “Solar energy can deliver clean electricity to remote areas of Ethiopia thus improving the quality of life and ability to further their agricultural pursuits.”
About Spire CorporationSpire Corporation is a diversified company serving the solar energy, biomedical and defense industries worldwide with innovative products and services based upon a common technology platform. For further details on the Company and its products, please visit www.spirecorp.com. Certain matters described in this press release may be forward-looking statements subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those indicated in the forward-looking statements. Such risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to, the risk of dependence on market growth, competition and dependence on government agencies and other third parties for funding contract research and services, as well as other factors described in the Company's Form 10-K and other periodic reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV