BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- It's data Thursday -- and that means that economic data is getting the spotlight today as investors search for the next direction in stocks.
This morning, jobs, inflation and trade numbers have already hit Wall Street, with the trickle of information set to continue throughout the day. But economic stats are only part of it; a new earnings season is also underway this week. Those earnings numbers have the biggest potential to reignite the stock rally in April, particularly with the poor expectations analysts have laid out for the first quarter of 2012.
From a technical standpoint, Mr. Market is down but not out. While this latest pullback is deeper than the one we saw in March, the uptrend in the S&P 500 is still intact. That gives traders reason to get ready for another leg of this rally -- and reason for us to take a technical look at five of Wall Street's big-name stocks this week.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV