Rowan: S&P Intraday Gainer
The S&P was rising 8.54 points, or 0.62%, to 1,377.25.
Shares of Rowan rose 8% to $33.48. Rowan said Thursday it's meeting on April 16 to approve a change in its corporate structure. The board previously approved a plan to move the company's corporate headquarters to the U.K.
Rowan has an estimated price-to-earnings ratio for next year of 8.47 times; the average for oil equipment and services companies is 12.46. For comparison, Superior Energy Services (SPN) has a lower forward P/E of 6.23; Helmerich & Payne's (HP) forward P/E is 9.38.Twenty-five of the 39 analysts who cover Rowan rated it buy. Thirteen analysts gave the stock a hold rating and one rated it sell. TheStreet Ratings gives Rowan a C+ grade and hold rating. The stock has risen 10.09% year to date. -- Written by Alexandra Zendrian
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Alexandra Zendrian >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to Alexandra Zendrian.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV