MILWAUKEE, April 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Briggs & Stratton (NYSE: BGG) announced today that it will expand its service parts distribution center located in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin and move its parts distribution operations, which include the Company's Simplicity & Snapper branded parts, currently located in McDonough, Georgia to the newly expanded facility in Wisconsin.
The Company anticipates adding approximately 150,000 sq. feet to the existing 300,000 sq. foot facility, and anticipates this construction to be completed in approximately July, 2012.
"By consolidating and maximizing the efficiency of our service parts operational footprint, we are able to keep our costs down and provide our valuable dealer base with exceptional customer service," said William H. Reitman, Sr. Vice President. "This also provides us a platform for future growth and expansion."
The Company anticipates it will be adding approximately 12 to 15 full time employees at its Menomonee Falls facility after construction is completed. The consolidation of the brand parts distribution center from its McDonough, Georgia facility will result in the loss of approximately 4 regular employees and 65 temporary employees.Briggs & Stratton Corporation, headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, is the world's largest producer of gasoline engines for outdoor power equipment. Its wholly owned subsidiary Briggs & Stratton Power Products Group LLC is North America's number one manufacturer of portable generators and pressure washers, and is a leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of standby generators, along with lawn and garden and turf care through its Simplicity®, Snapper®, Ferris® and Murray® brands. Briggs & Stratton products are designed, manufactured, marketed and serviced in over 100 countries on six continents. SOURCE Briggs & Stratton Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV