HOPKINTON , Mass., April 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- EMC® VSPEX™ Proven Infrastructure accelerates the journey to cloud computing, delivering simple, efficient and flexible reference architectures based on best of breed components.
- VSPEX is the industry's most flexible reference architecture designed in conjunction with Brocade, Cisco, Citrix, Intel, Microsoft Corp., and VMware.
- VSPEX is available exclusively through partners in the EMC Velocity ™ partner program.
- VSPEX Partners can fully leverage the EMC brand and industrial design in their VSPEX offerings.
- VSPEX Labs provides partners with a cloud infrastructure to test, validate and demonstrate new VSPEX configurations.
EMC (NYSE: EMC) today announced EMC VSPEX Proven Infrastructure – a simple, efficient, and flexible reference architecture comprised of EMC's award-winning storage systems and next-generation backup products, along with best-of-breed virtualization, server, and network technology from EMC alliance partners Brocade, Cisco, Citrix, Intel, Microsoft, and VMware.(Photo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20120412/NE86406) The fourteen initial VSPEX configurations represent the most popular use cases for customers moving to cloud computing. These use cases are focused on enabling customers to accelerate deployment of private cloud and end user computing environments. For private cloud deployments customers have the option of running VMware vSphere 5.0 or Microsoft Windows Hyper-V from 50-250 virtual machines and for end-user computing deployments customers can choose between VMware View and Citrix XenDesktop® from 50 to 2000 virtual desktops. Full details are available on emc.com. Additional VSPEX configurations will be made available based on partner demand. VSPEX Proven Infrastructure is now available to partners in the EMC Velocity ™ partner program. For the first time partners can fully leverage the EMC brand and industrial design in delivering VSPEX solutions to their customers. In addition EMC is providing VSPEX labs for partners to test, validate and demonstrate new VSPEX solutions. accelerate deployment of private cloud infrastructure based