- Shares of Bank of America (BAC - Get Report) closed at $8.86 Wednesday, returning 60% year to date, following a 58% tumble during 2011. The shares still trade for just 0.7 times the company's Dec. 30 tangible book value of $12.95, and for nine times the consensus 2013 EPS estimate of $1.06, among analysts polled by Thomson Reuters. Bank of America will report its first-quarter results on April 19, with a consensus EPS estimate of 12 cents, and a full-year 2012 estimate of 70 cents.
- Shares of Citigroup (C - Get Report) closed at $33.59 Wednesday, returning 30% year to date, following last year's 44% decline. Citi's shares are also heavily discounted to book, at just 0.7 times the Dec. 30 tangible book value of $49.81. The shares trade for seven times the consensus 2013 EPS estimate of $4.68. Citi will report its financial results on April 16. Analysts expect the company to post first-quarter EPS of 99 cents, and EPS of $4.07 for all of 2012.
3 Small-Cap Bank Stocks to Buy From FBR
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.