- Shares of Bank of America (BAC - Get Report) closed at $8.86 Wednesday, returning 60% year to date, following a 58% tumble during 2011. The shares still trade for just 0.7 times the company's Dec. 30 tangible book value of $12.95, and for nine times the consensus 2013 EPS estimate of $1.06, among analysts polled by Thomson Reuters. Bank of America will report its first-quarter results on April 19, with a consensus EPS estimate of 12 cents, and a full-year 2012 estimate of 70 cents.
- Shares of Citigroup (C - Get Report) closed at $33.59 Wednesday, returning 30% year to date, following last year's 44% decline. Citi's shares are also heavily discounted to book, at just 0.7 times the Dec. 30 tangible book value of $49.81. The shares trade for seven times the consensus 2013 EPS estimate of $4.68. Citi will report its financial results on April 16. Analysts expect the company to post first-quarter EPS of 99 cents, and EPS of $4.07 for all of 2012.
3 Small-Cap Bank Stocks to Buy From FBR
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts