WILMERDING, Pa., April 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Wabtec Corporation (NYSE: WAB) expects 2012 first quarter earnings per diluted share to be about $1.20, and the company increased its 2012 full-year earnings per diluted share guidance to about $4.80, based on full-year revenue growth of about 12 percent. Previously, the company's full-year guidance was for earnings per diluted share of about $4.30 and revenue growth of about 10 percent.
Albert J. Neupaver, Wabtec's president and chief executive officer, said: "We expect the company's financial performance in 2012 to exceed our initial guidance for several reasons: Continued strength of the global freight rail market, including demand for new freight cars and locomotives; further progress in implementing our growth strategies; and benefits from continuous improvement initiatives through the Wabtec Performance System."
Wabtec will report first quarter results before the U.S. financial markets open on Tuesday, April 24, and it will conduct a conference call to discuss those results with analysts and investors at 10 a.m. the same day. To listen to the call via webcast, please go to www.wabtec.com and click on the "Investor Relations" and "Webcasts" tabs of the site. An audio replay of the call will also be available by calling 412-317-0088 (passcode: 466#).Wabtec Corporation is a global provider of value-added, technology-based products and services for rail and other industrial markets. Through its subsidiaries, the company manufactures a range of products for locomotives, freight cars and passenger transit vehicles. The company also builds new switcher and commuter locomotives, and provides aftermarket services. The company has facilities located throughout the world. SOURCE Wabtec Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV