StarMedia Beats Third-Quarter Estimates
StarMedia (STRM) reported a narrower-than-expected third-quarter loss and recorded 3.3 billion page views during the period.
The company reported a loss, excluding nonrecurring items, of $32 million, or 48 cents a share, compared with a loss of $25.2 million, or 43 cents a share, for the third quarter a year ago. Analysts expected the company to lose 59 cents a share for the quarter, according to First Call/Thomson Financial.
The Internet media company, which targets Spanish and Portuguese speakers, reported revenue for the latest third quarter of $17.1 million, compared with $5.6 million posted in same period a year ago.StarMedia is now targeting operating profitability in the fourth quarter of 2001, a year earlier than previously expected.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV